You are here
- 143 - 19th Century American Literature to the Civil War
- 3-17 - Introduction to Literature
Ph.D. English. University of California, Davis, March 2017. Dissertation: "Telling Time: The Temporal Novels of William Faulkner, Cormac McCarthy, and Toni Morrison."
M.A. Humanities. University of Chicago. Thesis: "History's Actors: Cinema and the Alternate Present."
B.A. English, History. University of Virginia.
At UC Davis:
- ENL 147: American Literature Since 1945
- ENL 10B: Literatures in English II: 1700-1900
- ENL 159: "The Novel as a Time Machine"
- ENL 10C: Literatures in English III: 1900-Present
- ENL 3: Introduction to Literature
- UWP 1: Expository Writing
- Teaching Assistant, HUM 1D-Cultural History of the Blues
- Teaching Assistant, ENL 162-Film Theory and Criticism
- Teaching Assistant, ENL 178-Literatures of the American West.
- Teaching Assistant, ENL 30A-Survey of American Literature Before 1865.
At Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz:
- Theory and Methodology (Graduate)
- American Cultures II: "No Time for Exceptionalism?"
- American Studies Written English IIA : "Learning to Write from Detective Fiction"
At UC Berkeley:
- AMST 188E: Sports: A Lens on American Culture
- Teaching Assistant, AMST 188H: Asian-American Culture
"Did Critique Become a Thing?" Review of The Limits of Critique, by Rita Felski, in Mediations: Journal of the Marxist Literary Group 30.1 (Fall 2016).
"Telling Time: Faulkner's Temporal Turn," in Mississippi Quarterly (forthcoming).
Review of Celluloid Pueblo: The Making of the Postwar Southwest, by Jennifer Jenkins, in Western American Literature (forthcoming).
Conference Presentations/Panels/Guest Lectures:
"Telling Time in Twentieth-Century American Fiction," Guest Lecture at Universität Bonn, Current Issues in North American Studies and Cultural Studies Lecture Series, 26 January 2016.
"Contemporary Literature and Finance," Panel Chair, at "After Postmodernism?" Conference, Universität Mainz, 19 September 2015.
"Cormac McCarthy and Temporal Mestizaje," at the Western Literature Association Conference, 11 October 2013.
"Faulkner and the Temporal Novel," at Faulkner and Yoknapatawpha Conference, July 2014, University of Mississippi.
Assistant to the Editor, Amerikastudien / American Studies – A Quarterly, 2016.
Coordinator, English Department Assessments Program, UC Davis, 2015.
Conference Coordinator, Western Literature Association Conference, 2013.
- Mainz Exchange Fellowship, 2015-2016.
- Dissertation Progress Fellowship, 2015
- Dissertation Progress Fellowship, 2014
- Dissertation Fellowship, 2013
- Miller Travel Award, 2013