You are here
- M.A., Literature, Georgetown University
- A.B., American Studies, Columbia University
- Pacific Island Studies, Ecocriticism, Indigeneity, Postcolonial Theory
- Designated Emphasis in Native American Studies
- Instructor, UWP 1: Expository Writing, 2015-2016, 2016-2017
- TA, ENL 178: Literature of the American West, Spring 2015
- TA, ENL 44: Almost Human: Animals, Cyborgs, Slaves, & Zombies, Winter 2015
- TA, ENL 40: Literature & Pop: Culture in the Time of Masses, Fall 2014
- Chancellor's Graduate and Professional Student Advisory Board, Vice Chair, 2017-2018.
- English Graduate Student Association, Co-Chair, 2017-2018.
- English Graduate Student Association, Diversity & Inclusion Advocate, 2016-2017
- English Graduate Student Association, Grad Ally, 2015-2016
Selected Conference Presentations
- In November 2018. Pacific Women Speak: Anti-Nuclear Transindigenous Women’s Writing of Oceania, American Studies Association, Atlanta, GA
- In May 2018. The Ocean In/ Of/ And Us: Craig Santos Perez’s “Praise Song for Oceania”, NAISA, Los Angeles, CA
- January 2018. Decolonial Speculation in Wendt’s Black Rainbow: Transindigenous Resistance in the Nuclear Pacific, MLA, New York, NY
- November 2017. Where is Oceanic Literature?: A Digital Map of Coalition and Circulation, PAMLA, Honolulu, HI
- June 2017. Stand Up: Mauna Kea and Indigenous Environmental Protection, ASLE, Detriot, MI
- November 2015. Risk and Resistance at Pōhakuloa, PAMLA, Portland, OR
- October 2015. “We are Not Drowning, We are Fighting”: Pacific Warriors Against Climate Change, American Studies Association, Toronto, Canada
- June 2015. Petroculture in the Pacific: Indigenous Solidarity and the Fight against Climate Change, Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment, Moscow, ID
- Review, "Iep Jaltok: Poems from a Marshallese Daughter." Transmotion, forthcoming.
- Review, "Archipelagic American Studies." The Contemporary Pacific, forthcoming.
- "Hau'ofa, Epeli." The Encyclopedia of Postcolonial Studies. Ray, Sangeeta, Henry Schwarz, José Luis Villacañas Berlanga, Alberto Moreiras and April Shemak (eds). Blackwell Publishing, 2016.