Brandy Fleming, Undergraduate Advisor, Supervisor
177 Voorhies Hall (in-person & remote appointments available in the afternoons)
This years peers advisors include: Mandy Benning and Nikki Nelson
To get in touch with a peer advisor, please email: Englishpeeradvisors@ucdavis.edu
Students are encouraged to visit our Year At a Glance page, to view a complete list of course offerings for the 2022-2023 year. All upper division courses also note which category the courses satisfy toward our Major Requirements.
Upper Division Writing Requirement
All students must meet the Upper Division Writing Requirement by coursework, or by exam. See links below for the UWP upper division courses and composition exam that may satisfy this requirement.
Resources & Advising
- Aggie Compass: student community space where you can find fresh fruits and vegetables during Fruit & Veggie Up!, get CalFresh enrollment assistance and find resources to help you find stable housing and financial assistance.
Memorial Union, M-F, 9a-5p https://aggiecompass.ucdavis.edu/
- Fruit and Veggie Up: Mondays and Friday, 11am-12:30pm at the Memorial Union (MU) https://shcs.ucdavis.edu/services/nutrition-services/fruit-and-veggie-up
- The Pantry: M/Th 11:30a-6:30p, T/F 10a-5:30p, Wed 10a-6:30p, Memorial Union 154 https://thepantry.ucdavis.edu/
- Student Health cooking class: offered quarterly
- Healthy Aggies: nutrition/wellness peer counseling and support. MU Aggie Compass desk
M-F various hours https://healthyaggies.com/
- UCD Farmer’s Market: Fall (the 6 weeks before Thanksgiving) & Spring, noon hour on the Quad
- Student Farm weekly produce box: approx. $235/quarter http://asi.ucdavis.edu/programs/sf/eat-our-produce
- Davis Farmer’s Market: Year-round: Saturdays, 8a-1p. March-Oct: Wednesday evenings. Reduced cost produce at the end of the market
- CalFresh: state benefits for food https://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/calfresh
- Other Food Resources in the community: https://shcs.ucdavis.edu/services/nutrition-services/food-resources-around-davis-ca
- Writing Across the Curriculum (Grad Writing Program tutors): offers individual consultations http://writing.ucdavis.edu/wac/consultations and writing workshops http://writing.ucdavis.edu/wac/workshops
- Student Academic Assistance & Tutoring Centers: offers one-on-one tutoring and support https://tutoring.ucdavis.edu/
Health and Mental Health Care
- UCD Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS): offers crisis and ongoing counseling; individual and groups; suicide prevention; sexual health, etc. Counseling referrals from SHCS can be made to a Sacramento location. https://shcs.ucdavis.edu/counseling-services
- Activities & Rec Center (The ARC): Free for students during academic year.
- Campus Recreation: Aquatics, Craft Center, ARC classes, sports clubs, etc.
Letters and Science Dean’s Office Undergraduate Education Advising
Provides trained academic counselors
200 Social Science Bldg.
Internship & Career Center (ICC)
Career Advising, Internship and Job Opportunities,
Professional Workshops, et al