Advising Appointment Update
In alignment with the campus directives regarding precautions surrounding COVID-19, the Voorhies Administrative Advising offices are now physically closed. Our Advisors remain available and will be offering academic advising appointments to students through Zoom, phone and email. Should you schedule an appointment, please follow the following directions:
If your appointment is with Lynda Jones, the online appointment system will give you directions.
If your appointment is with Francis David, the online appointment system will give you directions.
Lynda Jones, Undergraduate Counselor
177 Voorhies Hall (not available for in-person appointments)
M-F 8:00-12:00, 1:00-5:00 Appointments Available!
Francis David, Undergraduate Counselor
179 Voorhies Hall (not available for in-person appointments)
(530) 752-8312 (Voicemail @ this # is regularly monitored)
M & W 8:00-4:45 (30 minute lunch) Appointments Available!
This years peers advisors include: Alyssa, Helena, Jenny and Tanya!
To get in touch with a peer advisor, pelase email: Englishpeeradvisors@ucdavis.edu
All 2nd & 4th year students, along with 1st & 2nd year transfer students are required to meet with a Major Advisor. Holds will be released once the student has met with the Advisor. Students are encouraged to make an appointment. Students will be notified when a hold is placed for mandatory advising.
Please read over and familiarize yourselves with the following documents prior to your meeting with the Major Adviser:
Students are encouraged to visit our Year At a Glance page, to view a complete list of course offerings for the 2020-2021 year. All upper division courses also note which category the courses satisfy toward our Major Requirements.
Upper Division Writing Requirement
All students must meet the Upper Division Writing Requirement by coursework, or by exam. See links below for the UWP upper division courses and composition exam that may satisfy this requirement.
Resources & Advising
- Aggie Compass: student community space where you can find fresh fruits and vegetables during Fruit & Veggie Up!, get CalFresh enrollment assistance and find resources to help you find stable housing and financial assistance.
Memorial Union, M-F, 9a-5p https://aggiecompass.ucdavis.edu/
- Fruit and Veggie Up: Mondays and Friday, 11am-12:30pm at the Memorial Union (MU) https://shcs.ucdavis.edu/services/nutrition-services/fruit-and-veggie-up
- The Pantry: M/Th 11:30a-6:30p, T/F 10a-5:30p, Wed 10a-6:30p, Memorial Union 154 https://thepantry.ucdavis.edu/
- Student Health cooking class: offered quarterly
- Healthy Aggies: nutrition/wellness peer counseling and support. MU Aggie Compass desk
M-F various hours https://healthyaggies.com/
- UCD Farmer’s Market: Fall (the 6 weeks before Thanksgiving) & Spring, noon hour on the Quad
- Student Farm weekly produce box: approx. $235/quarter http://asi.ucdavis.edu/programs/sf/eat-our-produce
- Davis Farmer’s Market: Year-round: Saturdays, 8a-1p. March-Oct: Wednesday evenings. Reduced cost produce at the end of the market
- CalFresh: state benefits for food http://www.benefitscal.org/
- Other Food Resources in the community: https://shcs.ucdavis.edu/services/nutrition-services/food-resources-around-davis-ca
- Writing Across the Curriculum (Grad Writing Program tutors): offers individual consultations http://writing.ucdavis.edu/wac/consultations and writing workshops http://writing.ucdavis.edu/wac/workshops
- Student Academic Assistance & Tutoring Centers: offers one-on-one tutoring and support https://tutoring.ucdavis.edu/
Health and Mental Health Care
- UCD Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS): offers crisis and ongoing counseling; individual and groups; suicide prevention; sexual health, etc. Counseling referrals from SHCS can be made to a Sacramento location. https://shcs.ucdavis.edu/counseling-services
- Activities & Rec Center (The ARC): Free for students during academic year.
- Campus Recreation: Aquatics, Craft Center, ARC classes, sports clubs, etc.
Letters and Science Dean’s Office Undergraduate Education Advising
Provides trained academic counselors
200 Social Science Bldg.
Internship & Career Center (ICC)
Career Advising, Internship and Job Opportunities,
Professional Workshops, et al
Listings of Resources
OASIS Forms - Links
Please note that students must see one of the Undergraduate Advisors in the Department, prior to submitting on-line Change of Major form.